Thursday, October 05, 2006

Baseball Talk

Ole Miss baseball head coach Mike Bianco continues to beef up his team as he got a commitment from Logan Williams this week. Logan is an outstanding pitcher and last year had a 11-0 record, with a 0.42 ERA. The more important thing is that Williams is the all time RBI leader in the state of Arkansas history. He is an outstanding pitcher and is big pickup by the Rebels.

Fall practice has begun and the Rebel baseball team appears to have picked up where they left off. I have not been over to watch practice this year, but from what I hear the Rebels look great. I have heard one report that the Rebels have enough talent to fill 2 SEC teams. To show how far Ole Miss baseball has come, one fan told me he estimated the crowd at the scrimmage the other day to be around 2,000. That is impressive. I look forward to what the season may be.