Sunday, October 01, 2006

All I Wanted

For several uncontrolable circumstances I will hopefully be able to put up a full report sometime Monday. For the time being all I can say is the Rebels did exactly what I asked for. They showed up and played with great emotion and eneregy. While we did not win, I was satisfied with our effort.

UPDATE: While the main thought of my post was expressed in the short post above. I will talk just a little bit more about it.

This weekend in Oxford is where we need to get back to. It was almost like a weekend from the 10 win season. All day in the Grove and a night game are hard to beat in my opinion. I think a night game at Ole Miss is ten times better than an afternoon game. The fans are more alive and everyone seems to be more into the game.

The Ole Miss football team showed up and they were ready to play. This was witnessed from when the team was first out on the field for warm ups, and was obvious all the way to the last interception.

The play calling was questionable for some and the officials were even worse. But this team showed up and played their hearts out. They made some mistakes, quiet a few, but they at least did not give up. Am I saying that I am all happy and will live with this type of outcome? No, I eventually expect us to win a game like last weekend. It is just tough to do with 18 freshman playing.

I also think that Georgia is over rated. I did not see this team to be a top 10 team in the country, if they are then something is wrong.

As Sparky has already stated in the comments, this game means nothing if they do not build on it. Last year we had the same type of game against an average Alabama team and lost on a last second field goal. The next week we came out flat and never played like that again for the rest of the season. Let's hope this coaching staff has learned from their mistakes of last year. I hate to use a Cut phrase, but it was "get better Monday" today and I hope the Rebels got better, because a good Vanderbilt football team is coming to town. This team should have easily defeaten Arkansas and Alabama. We can not take the lightly.