Monday, August 28, 2006

P.R. Disaster

This article appeared in the Kansas City newspaper on Saturday. Evidently it took up alot of the section of the paper that is was in. The story talks alot about the history of Ole Miss and the discussion of Colonel Reb. While I acknowledge that we made a mistake with the way the Colonel Reb situation was handled, and I wish we had a mascot. But I put that behind me a long time ago and I am ready to move on. But this stupid Save Colonel Reb foundation is still hanging around giving us a bad name. I am for standing up against the administration with the rest of them, but it is time to give this thing a rest. Do they really think Bobby K is going to come out all of the sudden and say "You guys are right, Let's bring back Colonel Reb", and put the mascot back on the field. No chance he is going to do that.

While this article did state the facts about how Ole Miss is changing, much of the nation still sees the past in Ole Miss. I would love for someone to take Brian Ferguson out. This guy is a fool and every time he speaks he makes his organization look bad. He does not even know what he is saying when words come out of my mouth. So for "Pete's Sake Let's Give This Thing A Rest"

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/special_packages/football_preview/15345692.htm