Monday, August 28, 2006

Really?

I have discussed this on this board before. But I wanted to share the quotes in the Clarion Ledger this week concerning the Bulldogs "new" tailgating atmosphere. I am interested in the two State fans opinion on this that read this blog. But here is a little bit of the article that appeared this week concerning State's Junction, which will be the new tailgating area on campus.

"Maybe it'll be like The Grove without trees," said Steve Brandon, an Amory resident and 1972 State graduate.
Yet other Mississippi State officials were quick to distance The Junction from comparisons to any woodsy, tailgating area of the school up the road.
"I can't say the idea won't be similar, but I don't think any of it was modeled after what you are referring to," said Jim Jones, MSU's executive director of facilities. "I don't want any trees out there, anyway."