Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Analysis of Powe Situation

I have looked at this Powe situation several times. My whole deal with the situation is what in the world is taking the NCAA so long. They have had this guys case in some form or another for over 2 years. Since the first time he committed to Ole Miss two years ago. They knew he could not qualify and they knew what courses he lacked. So why can't they compare the courses he has taken since then and give us a decision on the guy.

This is another situation where I feel bad for the guy. Just like the kid from Memphis, he has done everything counselors have told him to do to get accepted to college. Now class has begun and the NCAA is holding these guys up from enrolling.

I feel like the Powes's/Ole Miss made the right move by publically reporting this whole situation. The kid tries to enroll at Ole Miss today and the University tells him he can enroll, but not receive scholarship because the NCAA has not ruled on his case. I know I do not have all the facts in the case, but I just do not understand what is taking so long.

I really begun to dislike the NCAA over the last decade or so. The reason for my dislike is not just based on their ruling of academic eligibilty. They have made stupid rulings on mascots, boycots, and several other decisions the governing body has made.

All I can say is that if Powe is not granted admission to Ole Miss, get ready for a lawsuit. If he does not get in, I hope he sues the mess out of them. If things do not work out between Powe and Ole Miss, so be it. But I hope he makes the NCAA pay for this.