Monday, March 10, 2008

Where Are They Now?

So I am sitting here watching the UALR-Western Kentucky game and I recognize this large mass shooting free throws, but could not put a face with the game, and then turn to the almighty internet. Come to find out, that face I recognize is Mike Smith who was recruited to Ole Miss by Barnes and is only a sophomore at UALR. I was totally shocked to see that he was a Soph, as it seems like years ago he was at Ole Miss. His current body mass of 286 would not fit well into Kennedy's uptempo style.

But it aint over, as I continued to scan over the roster, I found another former Rebel in Brandon Patterson. Patterson played two years under the Barnes administration before transferring to UALR with Smith. Patterson is listed as a Junior on the roster and will be returning for one more year with the Trojans.

It appears that these two may have landed at UALR through Wes Flanigan, brother of former Ole Miss player Buck Flanigan. The elder Flanigan was a pretty decent player at Auburn in his day.

Who knows more former Rebels may appear as March Madness continues.