Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No Need to Wait

I will probably be out of pocket for the next couple of days as I make may way towards Memphis for the game on Saturday. What I have failed to do this year is make my projection for the upcoming season for the Rebels. Many of you have asked my opinion in the past month or so when I have seen you in various places. I decided I might as well go ahead and post it where I can see how my prediction stacks up against yours.

I see the Rebels going 5-7. I am not one of those that breaks down game by game and says we will beat team X and lose to Y. However I do think Coach O will get a win against a big time team this year, which is what this staff needs. Under Coach O's leadership, his teams have been very close to knocking off some top 10-15 teams, however they have fallen short on each try. I believe this is the year for O and company.

Some non Ole Miss readers are probably laughing saying this guy is satisfied with a 5-7 record. No I am not happy about a 5-7 record, but I believe it is a step in the right direction. I understand that we are Ole Miss and we do have to build a program basically from the ground up based on the talent that O was left with. I am a believer in Coach O and his program. Do I question some of his moves, yes; will I probably be down on him at times during the season, yes. But this guy has the fire and desire that very few coaches have ever had at Ole Miss.

So I am ready. I have been waiting since the Rebels last suited up in November at beat the Dogs in Oxford. I hope Coach O proves me wrong and can get the Rebels 6+ wins and return the Rebels to a bowl game. Let's go have some fun and I hope to see you all in Memphis and if not in the Grove next Saturday.