Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thoughts On Croom

Below is a segment Ray Melick of the Birmingham News wrote about Sly this afternoon upon completion of SEC Media Days. I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts about Croom's comments. Especially if you are a M$U fan. I am not sure this is what I want to be hearing from my head coach. Am I wrong in thinking this?

(Bhm News)Every year there has to be a coach on the hot seat in the SEC, and this year it would appear to be Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom.
Croom was asked at SEC Media Days today whether he was feeling that his job might be in jeopardy if his team doesn't show significant improvement this year.
"If you're asking me whether I'm worried about whether I'm going to get fired, no," Croom said. "I've coached for 30 years. I've never had to go look for a job. .¤.¤. But at any point during my tenure, or as coaches, we always know that's a possibility."
Croom insisted that he isn't behind schedule in getting State where he believes the program can be. "It hasn't taken any longer than I thought," he said.