Tuesday, November 07, 2006

This Is Outstanding

I am not sure how I missed this on tv this weekend, but I just watched it and love it. Not only to see Wisconsin out smart the rule books, but to see Joe Pa get so upset, it is well worth the six minutes to watch this. To sum it up Wisconsin kicks off 3 times in the last 30 seconds of the first half in order to run out the clock. Due to the new clock rules of the clock starting once the ball is kicked, Wisconsin was able to run the clock out by jumping offsides twice and forcing themselves to re-kick three times.

As I stated last week one of the best referees in the country and the top SEC referee stated last week that he feels the rule will be changed for next year. He says that the overwhelming majority of coaches are against the new rule. I am in agreement with them, I think it is pointless and I prefer the old rules and more offensive plays.

Follow the link to watch the end of the first half of the Wisconsin Penn State game, it is well worth the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5WM94UOBg