Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Former Rebel Had Enough of Phillies

Former Ole Miss Rebel David Dellucci has had enough of the Philadelphia. He has opted for free agency with the Phillies. The Rangers were absolute idiots for letting him go last year. He was extremely well liked by all the fans and his teammates. He was contributing a good bit for them last year also. When he was traded to the Phillies this year he did not really get to play until after the All Star break. After the break at one point he was batting over .310 and leading the league in hitting for players coming off the bench, when they finally put him in the rotation.

From the MLB web site:

David Dellucci, Randall Simon, Jose Hernandez and the retired Alex Gonzalez can also file by the Nov. 11 deadline. General manager Pat Gillick said he'd like the bring back Dellucci, who hit .292 with 13 home runs and 39 RBIs in 264 at-bats.
Dellucci said he wants to play in a place where he can see regular playing time.
"Hopefully, it will be a very rewarding offseason," Dellucci said on the final day of the season. "I want to be with a team that compensates me fairly for what I can do. I want to be with a team that allows me to do what I can do. I feel that I'm more of a contributor than a utility-type player at this point in my career."
Dellucci earned $900,000 in 2006