Monday, June 26, 2006

Word Is

The word now is that Kyle Bunn is also going with McDonnell to Louisville. I find it hard to believe Louisville pays more than Ole Miss. I got a feeling though Bianco told Bunn he would not be the number one assistant so he decided to go somewhere he would be the number one. Bunn was the former pitching coach for the Rebels. This leaves Stewart Lake and Carl Lafferty in the current coaching circle. Lafferty was serving as an adminstrative assistant. It appears he will be promoted to assistant coach. He was a former catcher for the Rebels in the late 90's. Does not have much coaching experience under his belt, but neither did Bunn when he first came. He was actually a volunteer coach in the beginning. I am not saying this is a good move by Bianco I am just throwing the point out there before people begin to bash this move. He will still hire one more assistant. I believe McDonnell was in charge of infielders. Should know more tomorrow.