Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Stayin Put



Coach Andy Kennedy announced today that Michael White and Tracy Dildy will remain on staff as assistant men's basketball coaches. Kennedy likely still has one more spot to fill on the staff. He is currently on his way to the Final Four, I suspect he will pick up some names and possibly interview some guys in Indianapolis.

I do not have a problem keeping White and Dildy around. I believe that this was Kennedy's hire and this was not forced on him, as you will hear other people say. You now have two top 25 recruiters in the country on staff with Keneddy and Dildy. I suspect Kennedy will go after a more offensive minded person with his next hire. Dildy will coach the big boys, and White will coach the guards. Some people do not like Michael White as a coach. He definately is not a bench coach in my opinion. I think he works the guys hard and is a great practice coach.

This guy knows what he is doing with his staff. He would not hire two coaches he did not like/want for his first career head coaching job. He would not have kept a guy like Wayne Brent as an assistant. Whereas I think these two are good for Kennedy. And there will possibly be changes to the staff next year, but we will wait and see how things play out for this year first.It is all part of building a program. I look forward to seeing his next hire.