Monday, March 27, 2006

Who Else Will Be on the Bench??

New head basketball coach Andy Kennedy is still in Oxford evaluating his talent and talking to the current assistant staff. I heard Kennedy tonight on the radio and I think he is going to keep a couple of the current assistants around. I believe he will keep Tracy Dildy and Michael White if they want to stay. I do not think Grant Pate will be retained as an assistant but could possibly move back to his old role of administrative assistant. I hope Kennedy will go out and find someone that is not around here. Bring in a guy that has connections to other parts of the country and is knowledgeable of the game. Their are plenty of up and coming guys that would love to be an assistant in the SEC. White and Kennedy have connections in the south. Dildy has connections in the mid-west. So someone on the east or west coast would be ideal in my opinion. I feel confident Kennedy will find the right guy for the job.