Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Another Game, Another Loss

I decided to make my way to Tad Smith Coliseum tonight to see if I could catch any buzz about the coaching search and to also watch Vanderbilt play. Vandy defeated Ole Miss tonight 77-62 in a game the Dores led pretty much the entire time. Ole Miss moved one game closer to a losing season with a 14-14 record. The Rebels continued to play there same old game. They love to go in like 10-12 minute scoring droughts. I am not going to list the number of plays where we have no idea what we are doing or the amount of times we get beat on defense. I do not want to waste my time on that. I will however state that once again only two Rebels scored double digits.

Coach Barnes went far enough in his post game interview to use the excuse of "I have a young, new coaching staff." Do not give me, someone has made up an excuse for every loss since talk began to seriously surface his firing.

I am going to have to agree with Michael Wallace for a change. In Wallace's column today he stated if we are going to fire Barnes then go ahead and do it. We do not need to wait around and drag this thing out. Let the team know what is going to happen and end all the speculation. Missouri did it, Indiana did it, why can't we. If we are going to fire him, why are we waiting?