Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fed Up

I Feel The Same Way Rod

There is a sign in my side yard here in Oxford that says, "I'm In", pertaining to Ole Miss football. As far as the head basketball coach at Ole Miss goes, "I'm Out". The Rebels continued their losing streak as they lost to Auburn tonight 58-50 tonight. The Rebels led for virtually the entire game, until the last four minutes. As I have said many times before, "second verse, same as the first." This team just does not know how to handle the basketball, as they turned it over 23 times tonight. I would be willing to say the Rebels have averaged 20 turnovers over the last five games.

Tonight was a very low scoring game for two of the worst teams in the league. Late in the first half Ole Miss was leading 29-15, from that point on Auburn outscored the Rebels 43-21. This was a game that the Rebels led by as many as 16 and by as many as nine twice in the game. To lose this game is inexcusable. Rod took all the play for it in the post game so saying, he takes "full responsibility."

Todd Abernathy led all Rebels with ten points, all of which came in the second half. Clarence Sanders scored nine, majority of those coming in the first half. On the flip side Bam Doyne scores two all night, and is the person we give the ball to in the last two minutes to score. Are you kidding me? I will continue to preach on how important it is for our guards to play, Abernathy and Doyne have played miserable during this losing streak.

I have been a Rod supporter through the good and the bad until now. I can not continue to watch him run this program into the ground. I will continue to go to the games, because I like Ole Miss basketball, but I think it is time for a change. We will be hosting the Crimson Tide on Saturday, who knows what will happen, but until then I guess we should do as Rod would do, I we can just pray for a change.