Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Questionable Move

Just when I thought the Ole Miss basketball team might be actually moving in the right direction. They go out and offer a scholarship to Solomon Bozeman, son of former Barnes assisant coach Eric Bozeman. Solomon has played the last several years at Oxford High School but is moving to Arkansas to join his dad who will be the head coach at Southern Arkansas. From all reports Bozeman seems to be a good high school player, but no superstar, definately not a SEC recruit. While I have never seen Solomon play, I really question this move. He may turn out to be a good player but for now, I doubt it. This program, which is in dire need of some talent, has been making good news recently with the signing of a good recruiting class and transfers. However they continue to make poor decisions with the coaching and administrative staff they continue to promote. It is my understanding there will be more basketball news to come in the coming months.