Thursday, October 11, 2007

Prediction Thursday

Well it is Thursday and we all know I post my predictions on Thursday. This one is a tough one for me. Back in July I told a group of people that I was marking this game down as a win for the Rebels. I was basing this thought on the way the previous two games have gone with Alabama. I was thinking the seniors and coaches on this team would remember and be fired up and prepared for this game. While they may still be those previous mentioned things, I think Alabama will come into this game extremely focused.

Saban has been ticked off for the past several games with the way his team has finished games, and the Houston game was just the tip of the iceberg. I feel like Saban probably let his team have it this week and they had a tough mentally challenging week of football practice to prepare them for this game. John Parker Wilson needs this game to keep his starting QB job.

So this game is a toss up for me. I feel like it can go one way or the other. I think the Rebels will come into the game fired up like they have the past several home SEC games and will be in this game for a couple of quarters. On the other side Alabama will probably be more focused for this game than any other one this season. If the Rebels are going to beat Saban while he is at Alabama, they better do it now before he begins to recruit his players.