Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Man I Have Always Disliked

“Mississippi gets more than their fair share back in federal money, but who the hell wants to live in Mississippi?”

These are the words of New York US Representative Charlie Rangel, the soon to be chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee. These are the type comments from the type of people that are going to be taking over Congress in January. Rangel, a black Democrat, who has long been a controversial member of the House of Representatives has crossed the line with this comment, yet he will get away with it. Not a member of the press outside of the State of Mississippi will call him out for this. Since I began keeping up with the House of Representatives, I have always had a disklike for this Congressman from New York with his raspy voice.

I commend Mississippi Representative Chip Pickering for calling him out on his statement. I hope other Congressmen from Mississippi will follow in his footsteps. Pickering made these comments:

“I hope his remarks are not the kind of insults, slander, and defamation that Mississippians will come to expect from the Democrat leadership in Washington, D.C.,”

Chip, I hate to say it, but I have a feeling this is the way the new leadership in D.C. is going to be.