Monday, November 13, 2006

I Want an Explanation

It was announced today that the Egg Bowl will be played at 1:00 next Saturday at Vaught Hemingway Stadium on the Ole Miss campus. This is the 3rd game this season that kickoff in Oxford will be 1:00. I have yet to understand what the advantage is of playing a football game at 1:00 in the afternoon. I want someone to give me an explanation as to why we have to play these games at 1:00. The atmosphere is AWFUL. I am not saying that every game has to be played at 6:00. A 3:00 or 4:00 kickoff is perfect, I will even settle for 2:30. This gives those that want to drive an adequate amount of time to get to the game, with time to go to the Grove beforehand and it also puts them home at a decent hour. Why we continue to set game times like this is besides me. I would love to have a discussion with whoever makes this decision and give them a piece of my mind.