Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rebels Reach an All Time Low

The Ole Miss loss to Wake Forest has led me to believe the Ole Miss football program has reached an all time low(thanks Trey). What I suffered through for four quarters last night in Oxford was absolutely pathetic. If I did not realize it before, I realize it now, we have maybe 3 or 4 players that belong on the field in the SEC. There was not a single positive thing that this team was able to carry away from the game yesterday.

I have hinted the past couple of weeks that I am not a believer in Brent Schaeffer based on his play thus far. Coming into this year we were all led to believe that Schaeffer would be an all star player for the Rebels. This guy has not showed me one reason as to why all the hype was made over him. He does not know how to manage the offense and most of his throws are off. Coach O hinted in his post game press conference that if we have to play Seth Adams we will, and that they are looking into it. O has also commented the past two weeks about how bad Schaeffer has played.

"On defense we made a little bit of improvement today" These were the words expressed by Coach O in the post game press conferenced. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What type of an improvement did we make yesterday. Wake Forest threw less than 8 passes all game. The Deamon Deacon's back up running back ran all over the Rebels. I am not a defensive coordinator, but can we not make adjustments and put more people in the box to stop the run. Someone with more experience on strategy please explain why we could not stop the run. It was the worst defensive effort I have seen in quite sometime.

1st and goal from the 2 and we can not score. We take a time out and we still can not score. This pretty much sums up the game.

Going into this game I never saw us losing to Wake Forest. Maybe I am crazy for believing that, but I did not believe we would look as bad as we did. It was the worst excuse for an Ole Miss football team that I have ever seen. You will hear alot of people call for us to get rid of Coach Ogeron. But for the time being, you will not hear that from me. I am standing by him. If there are people out there that believe we would be in better shape if Cutcliffe was still here they are nuts. We might have a couple of more wins, but our overall program would be nowhere near where it needs to be.