Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Eagle Has Landed

The famed quarterback that all Ole Miss fans were on hands and knees worrying about has made it to campus. He moved into Deaton Hall today along with the rest of the team who will be staying there through fall camp(which I find interesting in its own way). Brent Schaeffer says that he is ready to meet his teammates and get back in the SEC.

OXFORD, Miss. - Junior transfer quarterback Brent Schaeffer was among the 103 Ole Miss football players - returnees, 2006 signees and walk-ons - that reported to campus Thursday for the start of preseason.
"I am excited about camp starting," said Rebel head coach Ed Orgeron. "I am excited for Brent, and I am excited for our football team. We felt confident that everything was going to work out and it did. Everybody was waiting for him, and it was good to see him."
Schaeffer, a First Team JUCO All-American at the College of Sequoias, shared his coach's excitement for beginning his Ole Miss career.
"I am anxious to meet all my teammates and get started," said Schaeffer, who spent his freshman season at Tennessee. "It feels good to be back in Division I and back in the Southeastern Conference. In the SEC, you know there is going to be competition week in and week out. You are playing against some of the best players in the country, and you have to work hard."