Thursday, July 27, 2006

Late Thoughts from Today

It was a pretty busy day for Ole Miss football fans. Ole Miss was one of four featured schools at SEC media days. When the papers come out across the South tomorrow, the majority of them will focus on the status of Brent Schaeffer and him qualifying for school. While the topic has been going on amongst Ole Miss fans for several months, some more intersting news came out today along with the Schaeffer topic. So here it goes:

Coach O says that "if everything goes as planned, Brent Schaeffer should report with the team on August 3rd. Brent Schaeffer is going to be our starting quarterback. We're excited about Brent Schaeffer"(As others have stayed the everything that goes well, is that if Schaeffer made a C in the class he was taking.

The one big thing that I picked up today is that "We expect Rory Johnson, a junior college transfer who has not finished his course work, to be eligible and to be able to compete at that position." I do not know about yall, but I had pretty much written this guy off as not getting in. This go supposedly can play and will be huge for the Rebels if he can get in. He will especially come in handy if my prediction holds up that Patrick Willis will not be healthy for the first game."

Concerning the offense: " You will see a lot of times we'll be playing two tight ends in the ballgame at the same time." I really look forward to this, I love a tight end set. I honestly think that Robert Lane is going to be a playmake for us at this position and am looking forward to see what he can do. I have been saying since he got here that is where he belonged(believe me if you want to)

Hate to hear this concerning Powe "He has not been cleared through the clearinghouse yet." We really need him. From what I have read no Hargrave "graduates" have been cleared by the clearinghouse for any school as of yet.

That is all of the qoutes that really stuck out to me. It is really funny to read the transcript from the SEC repoter. There are several times where the reporter could not make out what Coach O was saying.

A note that came up today concerns Willie Williams. Williams was a standout all american out of high school that originally went to Miami. The deal is though that Williams has the Dontae Jones Marcus Bullard syndrome and has been tied up with the law for quite sometime. Talk today was on Williams coming to Ole Miss. I do not know what to think about this. I am 50/50 and can go either way if this guy decides to come to Ole Miss. I do not know how everyone else feels. There will be some that say we dont need that kind of stuff, but I can live with it. Let's just win.