Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ramblings

First off the staff at worldclassglass would like to wish longtime reader Sparky Luster a happy birthday.

I just returned from Jackson from a wedding attended by about half the population of the entire city of Jackson, but alot of the talk was on Ole Miss football. Most of the Jackson elderly men expressed the same concern of most Rebel fans which concernced Shaeffer and his academic status. No one has flat out said he will not be here. I would say most people give him about an 80% chance of him being at the first game. As we inch closer and closer to the season football fans are beginning to get anxious and ready to see teams strap it on. Personally I am tired of the Shaeffer talk and would like to move on to another subject about the football team sooner rather than later.

I read on another message board that Ole Miss will be playing LA Tech in 2007 but then return to Wake Forrest in 2008. I dont like this move and dont know why we would do this. Replacing Tech for Wake for one year is not an even trade and I am pretty dissapointed we did this. I hope there is something I do not know about in the reasoning behind this scheduling.

Ole Miss sports news is getting a little slow right now. I will see what I can come up with soon to spark some conversation. Let me know if any of you have any ideas.