Monday, June 05, 2006

Kline is Fine in Oxford

Glad to see this on Will Kline. For those of you that read this often, you know that I was not a believer in Will Kline early this year. He has definately come together and is dominating pitching over the last month or so. He has made the right decision to stay in Oxford.


Tomorrow is the MLB Draft and I expect several Ole Miss players to get drafted. Chris Coghlan and Justin Brashear will get drafted along with others. Expect Coghlan to go real high in the draft. Who will leave and who will stay I dunno, but I have a hunch Brashear will not leave.

From the Clarion Ledger below:

Ole Miss pitcher Will Kline has informed Major League Baseball teams he has no interest in playing professionally next season.
The redshirt sophomore, who is eligible for Tuesday’s draft because he is three years removed from high school, said he has sent a letter to professional teams informing them he will return to the Rebels for his junior season.
The decision means Ole Miss should have its top pitcher back in 2007. Kline, who is 5-2 with a 3.02 earned run average, will start the first game of the NCAA Super Regional against Miami this weekend.
“I felt like this was the best thing for me,” Kline said. “I didn’t want to
get out into pro ball and feel like I had any doubt in my mind that I wanted to be back here. Why leave somewhere that I love?”