Friday, June 02, 2006

Am I The Only One That Did Not Know This???

From an article in the DM today regarding Will Kline:

"My arm was just worn out and one night my elbow was really sore and I was in a Legion double-header game," Kline said. "I ended up catching the first game and my coach asked if I could start the second game and I said 'Yeah, sure.' In the third inning, I threw a slider and my elbow just snapped in half. My buddy at shortstop said he heard it."A week later, he went to Birmingham where he was diagnosed with a 100 percent tear, and was told he would need Tommy John surgery."It was kind of demoralizing because I knew I was going to miss my senior year of football and most of my baseball season was going to be over. I guess it was all worth it now."Tommy John surgery involves replacing a ligament with a tendon from another part of the body. Kline, a month after meeting with Dr. Andrews, had the surgery. Over 11 months later, Kline was back on the mound.