Sunday, March 05, 2006

Rebs Give Tigers Fits

A day after learning their head coach would not be back next season the Ole Miss men's basketball team fought hard but came up short to the SEC Champion LSU Tigers. The Tigers defeated the Rebels 55-52 in Baton Rouge. The team was without the services of Clarence Sanders who was not there because of "personal reasons." If this means he quit, I hate that. I looked forward to seeing him play under a new system next year. Who knows what happened.

Ole Miss was led by Londrick Nolen with 14 and Dwayne Curtis added 11. Both teams led multiple time during the game before the Rebels went into their usual slump not scoring for around 5 minutes. This slump is the reason we have not won many games this season, along with many other factors. I was somewhat surprised to see how we played, but was also surprised at how LSU played. I did not think they played very good on Saturday.

Ole Miss will play Kentucky in the first round of the SEC tournament on Thursday. I do not know the statistics, but I would think we have never beaten Kentucky at the tournament. Ole Miss fans will be outnumbered 100000000000000000 to 1 by the Kentucky fans in Nashville. Oh well another one and done. Let's hope a new coach will turn things around and we will actually compete in the league next year. Because I really miss going to the SEC Tournament.