Monday, July 18, 2005

Excuse Me?????

The following rankings are currently on http://cbs.sportsline.com/ in an article written by Gregg Doyel. How can someone rank Oxford as one of the worst cities he has ever visited. I guess I am a little biased, but Oxford is always mentioned in various top-notch newspapers and magazines as a great place to visit. This guy grew up around Oxford and now lives in Cincinatti. I have yet to understand why we wrote this. When he was a kid in Oxford, evidently nobody picked him to be on their team, and that made him mad.

Worst cities
1.Teaneck, N.J.: Before my first Adidas ABCD Camp, I wasn't expecting much from Teaneck. Even with that, it was a letdown.
2.Los Angeles: Bad traffic, crime, awful air. Why would anyone choose to live here?
3.Detroit: From Cincinnati, Detroit is the longest five-hour drive of your life. And then the Palace, home of the Detroit Pistons, is another hour north. Did I mention the construction delays?
4.Greensboro, N.C.: Get me on a highway -- any highway -- and get me out of here.

5.Oxford, Miss.: When I was in eighth grade, someone built a Wal-Mart. That's where kids hung out -- at Wal-Mart. Enough said.