Friday, August 04, 2006

Former Reb Joins Staff

OXFORD, Miss. - Ole Miss head baseball coach Mike Bianco announced on Friday that former Rebel centerfielder Matt Mossberg has joined the Ole Miss staff as an operations assistant.
"We are excited to have a former player and a guy who has meant a lot to this program come back and join us on staff," said Bianco. "I think Matt will be a great addition to the program."
Mossberg's responsibilities will include handling travel and budget as well as other day-to-day responsibilities.
"It is a great opportunity," said Mossberg. "My wife and I are very happy to be back in Oxford, close to so many friends. Career-wise it is a great opportunity to help achieve my goals. I am very excited to be able to work with my former coaches and teammates."
Mossberg comes to Ole Miss from Jefferson State Community College in Birmingham, Ala., where he served as an assistant coach during the 2006 season and helped lead the Pioneers to a 33-21 overall record. He also served as the Pioneers' recruiting coordinator and coached the infielders and catchers.