Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Thoughts on Practice

I attended my first practice today in quite a while. The main thing I noticed about practice were the number of people in blue jerseys due to injuries. I was hopeful the week off would help the team get better physically. It appears a few guys are back to normal but we still have several that have nagging injuries.

The other thing in practice that caught my attention a lot was the concentration of the passing game on Robert Lane from the tight end position. Ethan Flatt connected to Lane multiple times on a variety of routes in the 30 minutes I watched practice. Look for the Flatt-Lane connection to happen multiple times this weekend.

The kicking game looked consistent in practice. Matt Hinkle seems to have performed well all week long, I hope he can carry it over to the game.

It is all downhill from here. We can only take one game at a time no need to look ahead to LSU. We have to take care of business with the Hogs.