Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Slow Start

Well, it took us a while to get going, but a win is a win, and this year I will take any one that we can get. This Ole Miss football team continues to struggle. The Citadel was not a good team, but they were definately not the worst team I have ever seen the Rebels play for Homecoming. The best part of the game was probably the fly over before the game even started.

Offense:
I am a Spurlock believer and it took him coming out of the game at the start of the second half to get going. Robert Lane just has bad luck and I would not be mad if I did not see him play again this year. Was Spurlock got it together, they were able to pick apart the Citadel defense. However, he is still missing alot passes, but this is nothing that can not be corrected. What does need correcting, but I am not sure we have an answer for continues to be our offensive line. I think we are hopeless in this category and I am very dissapointed in our Senior lineman who have not stepped up this year. Mico McSwain is a heck of a football player, each week he amazes me on his ability to not get tackled. If he just knew all the plays, he would be perfect. But, Mico in my opinion, is very good and I hope we continue to utilize him.

Defense:
We have improved. Patrick Willis continues to dominate our defense with something like 14 tackles. He is a great player, even with one hand. It is a big difference when he is on the field. Travis Johnson's play was a better this week, but I still wish we had someone else in there. McKinley Boykin has come around and he is in full gear, he played very well. I believe he got screwed on the roughing the passer call.

Special Teams:
Special teams continues to improve each week. Robert Bass is doing a good job with PAT's. Will Moseley has settled down into the kickoff duties and does an outstanding job, kicking nearly all deep into the endzone. This week we saw Rob Park punting, who also did a great job including a 60 yard kick.

Overall, we should have beat them worse than we did, but as I stated earlier a win is a win with this team.