Monday, November 24, 2008

The Weekend That Was

On the Magnolia Bowl:It was one of the most fun games I have ever been to. The Rebels pretty much dominated the whole game, aside from when Snead appeared to be hurt towards the end of the first half, I felt pretty good. Peria Jerry continues to be the most dominate player at Ole Miss in quite sometime. That is really a guy that we are going to miss next year. He clogs up the middle better than anyone in the SEC and dominates the offensive front of the opposing team. Hard to argue that he is not an All American. Also outstanding play from Kendrick Lewis last weekend. I thought he brought his A game and when not catching passes he was throwing some hard licks on defense.Bottom line this was the most sound game a Rebel team has played in several years. And I loved every minute of it. Congrats to Houston and staff.

On the Egg Bowl
: As it is an instate rival, you can throw all the records out the window. Bottom line if the Rebels show up to play we win. I think that Ole Miss is more talented that the Bulldog$ and should show up. I think Houston will have this team ready. Don't get me wrong, I will be nervous to the very end, and am not taking this game lightly. One thing I do know if we do win, we will not put up billboards across the state like some classless teams may do.

On the Bowl Season: Win and the Rebels probably play in the Cotton or Outback. Lose and the Rebels play in Peach or Music City. While I would to have the honor again of going to the historic Cotton Bowl, I am afraid of what may happen if we do. A Big 12 matchup does not pose well for the Rebels. My first hope is Outback but understand it is a stretch. On the flip side if we mess around and lose to the Bulldog$, I think the Rebels will go to the Peach. I don't buy this argument that the Peach does not want Ole Miss. Let me restate, lets don't look past the $tate game.

On Houston Nutt: Man what a great addition this guy is to the University of Mississippi. He brought more life back to the Rebel fan base than I thought he could in one year. He has done great things with this team, and they all seem to love him. Thank you Arkansas. I will tell you this if our athletic department screws around and messes something up with him, I will personally lead the charge for an administration change. We should all demand immediately lynching.

On the Fans: Most of you know my opinion of the Ole Miss fanbase this year. But there is no excuse we should not have the stadium full on Friday(while we are on it, this game should move this game back to Saturday). The RoadRebels in Baton Rouge were awesome. It was a great crowd, and I was very proud to be a part of it. Glad to see everyone supporting the team. I don't care where you have Turkey on Thursday, most do not have work, so get to the game.(Rebel or Bulldog)