Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Make Up Your Mind

The dumbest thing I have read over the past week or so was the rumor that Jim Wells was going to be the new pitching coach at Ole Miss now that Kyle Bunn has gone to Clemson. Where people come up with these incredibly stupid rumors is beyond me.

Wells is not the first coach to do this type of thing. When he first made the announcement he was leaving, I was a little confused. He is probably the most succesful baseball coach ever at Bama and he was going to retire at his age? It did not add up to me. But at any rate he is back in T-Town.

(Al.com)TUSCALOOSA - Reversing his decision from last week, Jim Wells has decided to return as the University of Alabama's baseball coach, UA Athletics Director Mal Moore announced this afternoon.
Wells, who is the program's winningest coach, said last Thursday that he planned to resign to spend time with his family. Earlier today, the 52-year-old's request to return was granted. "We had a very long discussion this morning and it became obvious to me that Jim has had a change of heart regarding this situation," Moore said in a written statement. "It also was obvious to me that Jim is totally committed to achieving excellence in every phase of the baseball program." Wells said he had second thoughts about his decision during the past few days. "It made me realize that I haven't lost my passion for this job," Wells said in a written statement.