Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weekend Preview

It is the annual Red-Blue weekend coming up and I am heading over tomorrow, so I will go ahead and comment on it. As far as football goes, I am not the biggest fan of spring games. I will go and watch for a little while, but will not break it down. Spring has little indication of what the team will be like. I will be interested to see how some of the newcomers play. But basically what will happen is some new freshman or walk on will look outstanding and the people on the Spirit board will praise him and then some veteran will be terrible and the Spirit will knock him down.

As far as the baseball weekend goes, the Rebels are hosting Georgia. With this being a home weekend, there should be big crowds and I am looking for a sweep. The Bulldogs are 10-18 and 3-6 in the SEC. They started the season with a sweep over Auburn, but have lost the last two series. They have not released the weekend rotation yet, so we do not have that to preview. Another Friday win is big in order to solidify the series.

Full report on Sunday night on Monday from the weekend.