Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Beating

How the score was only 34-7 I am still not sure. Missouri should have beaten the Rebels worse than that but they did not. This game proved something alot of Rebels fans were hoping it would not. The program is not there yet. We are still a ways away from being able to compete on a week to week basis with good teams. I felt like Missouri was a pretty good team. Are the Auburn, no, but they are a good team.

That were not alot of positives if any to take away from the game in Columbia on Saturday. I am not going to jump the gun like others are and say we need a true DC or HC. Because I do not believe that is the problem. I went into the game thinking the Rebels would not win, but I at least thought we would make a game out of it. From the get go it was obvious the Rebels were not ready to play. Everything that I read starting on Thursday from Coach O, it sounded like he knew we would not be prepared.

Now we move on to Kentucky. Alot of teams face MUST win games throughout their seasons. I think this is a MUST win for the Rebels for this season. For many reasons: team attitude, fan attitude, and bowl chances. Many will say it is too early in the season to have MUST win games, but I disagree on this one.

The Rebels will go into Kentucky more than likely an underdog. The Wildcats have circled this game on the calendar as one they can win. Let's hope the Rebels have also. They will have an extra day of rest and preparation this week as compared to last week, I hope they take advantage of it. Also if Jerrell Powe can qualify this week I feel like it will help the morale of fans and the team.

To wrap up this post I will have to agree with Coach O on his analysis of the game:

"We got whupped," Orgeron said. "Overall, they just whupped us."