Monday, August 14, 2006

A Few Notes

I am in Atlanta for three weeks so I will be reading the Atlanta Journal Constiution and provide this blog with insights from the SEC East an area I rarely look at. I consider the AJC a pretty good newspaper and usually give Ole Miss some good stories every now and then. I will post if they come up

Ole Miss defensive lineman Peria Jerry is rumored to have a broken hand. While this has not been officially reported, it is widely known among those that read the internet that he is hurt. This should not be that big of a deal and he should be ready for the Memphis game. Now if we could just get the other Jerry ready for the Memphis game.

Also David Traxler is hurt, many on this forum know David personally. He was evidently trampled on in practice and rolled over his knee and leg. Not sure of the prognosis on Trax, maybe someone in Oxford can fill us in on how he is.

The Ole Miss men's basketball schedule is expected to be out tomorrow. Expect some ups and downs in this schedule. The Rebels will be playing respectable teams like UCONN, Memphis, South Alabama, but will also be playing every sectional school in Louisiana as well as Mississippi Valley State. I have yet to make up my mind if I will be pulling for the Rebels or my Delta Devils.

Also I have heard that the floor at Tad Smith is going to be redone before this season. I really do not understand this, as the floor was just redone several years ago when the coliseum was revamped. I was hoping they would spend the money in other places in the Tad Pad that needed more work than the floor did.