Sunday, April 09, 2006

Red-Blue Game

The annual Spring Game was held this Saturday at Vaught Hemingway. I attended several quarters of the game and left with a couple of things. One, this team is improved from last year. There were alot of positive yards on the offensive side that we would not have gotten last year. Two, our defensive front has not slacked off from last year. I think we need another D-end to step up, but I believe the middle of the d-line is solid. Three, we miss Patrick Willis and Jamarca Samford on the defensive side of the ball. Four, our kicking game has not improved at all. Thankfully they did not let them kick alot so we were not able to see how bad they are.

I believe this Spring Game is nothing like what we will see next season. We had multiple players that were hurt and our starting QB is not even in school yet. I really liked some of the creative offensive plays that were run yesterday. There have not been plays like that run in Vaught Hemingway in many years. I was only there for a little over two quarters, so I would like to hear some thoughts on people that were there longer than me.