Sunday, March 12, 2006

Live L.A. Report #2

I left Jackie Robinson Stadium today in my rented Kia Ria pretty mad, as the UCLA Bruins defeated the Rebels 6-4 this afternoon. This was a day in which the Rebels struck out way to many times. I am not sure if I have ever seen a team strike out this many times looking. For some reason they just could not put together a group of hits all day. I was very mad on their play at the plate. It is my true belief that certain players on our team need to be benched for a couple of games due to their perfomance thus far this season. I think benching them will allow them to reevaluate themselves and then we will see if they really want to be playing. It seemed like it was the players every time were up there striking out or popping it up. Lance Lynn pitched well early but hit a brick wall real quick and struggled before being pulled and replaced by Craig Rodriguez and later Will Kline. Whenever runners would get in position they would get picked off on stupid plays or the Bruins would get lucky breaks.

It was once again a good crowd today possibly more than yesterday. I am really not sure what the UCLA fans think about us. They had never seen anything like us at their ballpark. They even beefed up security after yesterday. The game management staff was there patrolling with a watchful eye all day. Needless to say no one was thrown out of the stands today. I have posted a couple of pictures from the stadium and surroundings from today.

The Rebels travel to Arkansas State on Tuesday, we all know what happens when we play the Indians.